- Downtown Mesa Association / Downtown Mesa Ambassador
The Downtown Mesa Association is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing Downtown Mesa, the city’s central
business district and original square-mile townsite. We accomplish this through business attraction, beautification of the
sidewalks, marketing & special events.
The Downtown Mesa Ambassadors serve as a welcoming presence for visitors, downtown employees, students, residents and business/property owners. Ambassadors are on foot or bike and their purpose is to make Downtown Mesa feel safe, enjoyable and memorable. Ambassadors serve as the “eyes & ears” of the business district, along with providing recommendations, answering questions and offering general assistance.
Positions are full-time and begin at $17/hour + benefits. Morning and evening shifts available. Applicants must be able to work weekends and holidays.
• Provide a visible, uniformed presence in designated areas of Downtown Mesa to make it feel safe and friendly
• Be a “downtown expert” and share information about Downtown Mesa like its history, public art, museums, restaurants, entertainment venues, services, businesses, and universities
• Provide safety escorts to patrons as needed
• Assist with first aid and emergency situations if needed
• Report issues and assure Downtown Mesa looks clean & inviting
• Assist with outreach to those experiencing homelessness
• Interact with downtown businesses; regularly stock their downtown marketing materials
• Represent the Downtown Mesa Association at meetings and special events
• Complete other assignments as assigned
• Able to walk, stand or ride a bike outdoors in extreme weather (high temperatures, occasional storms)
• Willing to wear specified uniform and maintain a neat, professional appearance
• Must be physically able to carry supplies while on duty, ability to safely lift and carry at least 25 lbs
• Be able to work independently and use a radio (with an earphone) to maintain contact with the team
Desired Professional/Personal Characteristics:
• Minimum High School Diploma or GED, some college or advanced learning preferred
• More than 2 years of security guard experience, customer service and/or hospitality experience
• Outgoing, friendly personality and a desire to truly help people
• Ability to quickly assess situations and make sound decisions
• Able to manage multiple tasks and be flexible as other important situations arise
• Good verbal and written communication skills, comfortable speaking in front of groups
• Comfortable using various Microsoft programs, the internet and cellular phone applications
• Comfort working in an inclusive, diverse environment
• Self-motivated, trustworthy and capable of executing actions that meet the organization’s vision and mission
• Flexibility with work hours
Salary Range: Positions are full-time and begin at $17/hour + benefits.
How to Apply:
Email your resume to Samantha Jackson: Sam@DowntownMesa.com
Application Email: email@example.com
- Worth Takeaway / Line Cook
Line Cook (Downtown Mesa)
compensation: $15 - $19/hr
employment type: full-time
At Worth every job leads to the ultimate goal which is to create an awesome experience for our guests. From dishwasher and prep cook to Executive Chef, each role plays a vital part in contributing to a smooth flow of the restaurant and in turn a positive guest experience. We are more than just sandwiches though and have carefully crafted a menu from scratch over the last 5+ years that we've been open.
We offer a close-knit team setting with ample opportunity to learn and advance your career in the culinary industry. We have both local and national recognition winning awards such as 'Best Sandwich' and 'Best Sandwich Shop' from the Phoenix New Times and have made it into the Yelp Top 100 twice.
We offer popular weekly sandwich, dinner, and dessert specials in an effort to maintain a creative environment and engage with our community.
Prepare our menu items from scratch following the recipe to produce consistent results.
Know and comply with standard cooking methods, techniques, quality standards, and kitchen practices.
Cook a variety of meats, poultry, vegetables, and other food items using broilers, ovens, grills, fryers, and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
Portion all products, follow the recipes, and always ensure the plate presentation is up to Worth standards.
Follow the sanitation standards, make sure your work station stays clean and organized, and follow all food handling standards.
Team player, able to work multiple positions not excluding washing dishes when needed.
Take direction and feedback for leadership.
Additional Job Requirements
A minimum of 2 years of experience is preferred.
Efficient, passionate, and attentive to detail.
Comfortable working in a fast-paced and loud environment, while still having an eye for workplace safety and cleanliness.
Comfortable standing for long periods of time, and capable of lifting 50 pounds.
Must have the ability to work weekends and some holidays.
Half off all meals on days that you work, 25% off on days off and for you and up to three guests
Consistent work schedule, unless time off has been requested by you or other team mates
Paid sick leave accrual
Ancillary benefits (vision, dental)
Medical Benefits after trial period with 50% premium coverage by employer
Salary Range: $15-$19/hr
How to Apply:
Please visit Worthtakeaway.com/careers and fill out an application as well as send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Email: email@example.com
Application Website: http://Worthtakeaway.com/careers
- Desert Eagle Brewing Company / Prep/Cook
Wanna be a part of a fun energetic team? Possess an upbeat attitude and eagerness to exceed expectations? Then Desert Eagle Brewing is looking for YOU!!! Our Taproom has a small but MIGHTY kitchen! Looking to add a couple of new players to our growing Team. Kitchen experience a plus, but not a requirement. Downtown Mesa.
Part Time Cook/Prep/Dishwasher Position, 20 hours minimum
-Cook pizza's, calzones, make sandwiches, meat/cheese boards, salads and more
-Can follow established menus and recipes
-Kitchen clean-up including washing dishes, sweeping and mopping
-Take food inventory
Requirements for position:
-Valid Maricopa County Food Handler Card
-Must enjoy and be able to succeed in a fast-paced work environment
-Able to follow directions, learn quickly and work well with other employees
-Weekends are required
Salary Range: Starting at $13/hour
How to Apply:
If you are interested and have the above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can stop by Monday - Friday after 3p to fill out an application. Please bring resume if you stop by.
150 W. Main Street
Mesa, AZ 85201
Application Email: email@example.com
Application Website: http://www.deserteaglebrewing.com